Currently, Parkmoor Village HCC is seeking a Temporary Full Time MAINTENANCE WORKER at their 125 bed skilled nursing community located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The primary responsibility of the MAINTENANCE WORKER is to maintain the grounds, facility, and equipment, in a safe and efficient manner. A successful MAINTENANCE WORKER in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Receive and follow maintenance schedule/instructions from your supervisor.
- Perform routine maintenance on grounds, parking areas, driveways etc., by cutting, trimming, policing, sweeping, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, and electrical, carpentry or mechanical issues.
- Replace burned out light bulbs, to include exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights etc.
- Service heating and cooling units/systems, as specified by the manufacturer, and in compliance with the established policies and procedures.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance.
- Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to your supervisor.
- Assist others with lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc.
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of a shift.
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy objects.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.