We are hiring a full-time HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR at our new community, Aviva at Fitzsimons, located at 13525 E 23rd Ave, Aurora, CO 80045.
The primary responsibility of the HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR is to handle and provide support for various HR employee programs within the organization following current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that quality personnel are interviewed, trained and employed.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct new hire onboarding in conjunction with department leaders, including but not limited to: collecting new hire data and forms, reference checks, I-9 completion, PCN completion, file set up, orientation facilitation, background checks, review of personnel policies, procedures, payroll procedures, safety regulations, etc.
- Assist in the hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews and reference checks.
- Coordinate insurance enrollments and communicate with service providers and/or Vivage concerning routine administration of benefit plans; facilitates open enrollment meetings.
- Must become familiar with and maintain employee information in online benefit and HRIS system.
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Assist in the processing of employee evaluations and make recommendations to the Administrator concerning wage and salary adjustments, hiring, terminations, transfers, etc.
- Responsible for approving and tracking leaves of absence, FML, etc.
- Compile EEO-1 report data annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Keep department directors informed of changes in personnel matters.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- May coordinate and monitor risk management and safety programs.
- Monitor Worker Compensation claims and coordinate work between employees and the insurance carrier.
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with current applicable federal and state employment regulations regarding wages, overtime, work hours, workman’s/unemployment compensation etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent employee information.
- Develop departmental goals.
- Serve as a coach and mentor for supervisors and staff in other departments.
- Consult with department managers concerning the staffing of their departments, eliminating/correcting problem areas, and improvement of services; assist in determining departmental staffing.
- Interpret department policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, etc.
- Provide public information (i.e., verification of employment, wages, etc) in accordance with current laws and community policy.
- Attend required training offered by Vivage to stay abreast of changes.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- May assist with payroll.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.