We are hiring a full-time SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTOR at our new community, Aviva at Fitzsimons, located at 13525 E 23rd Ave, Aurora, CO 80045.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTOR is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Social Services Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, maintain, evaluate, and direct social service programs, including but not limited to, psycho-pharmacology, behavior management and memory care.
- Recruit, interview, select staffing personnel and provide them with Skilled Nursing Facility Social Services Orientation, with the support of Social Services Quality Improvement Consultant.
- Implement Social Services policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Educate the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc.
- Interview residents, or family members, as necessary to obtain social history.
- Assist in the scheduling of Care Conferences, and completion of Psychosocial Care Plans and Assessments.
- Participate in the admission, discharge, MDS coordination, etc. of the department.
- Coordinate and Facilitate Psychotropic Medication Committee.
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and challenges of the resident.
- Maintain a quality working relationship with the medical profession, quality improvement consultants and other health related facilities.
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments.
- Assist in arranging transportation for Residents when necessary.
- Develop and maintain an updated file of agencies and organizations that provide assistance to residents.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for Social Services deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy to the Administrator.
- Train/mentor Social Service personnel as necessary.
- Schedule department working hours.
- Maintain current written records of department expenditures.
- Demonstrate a passion for person-centered care as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Maintain and support a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
- Maintain safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.